Sunday, December 15, 2013

Home For Christmas

Hello friends!! How I found the time to blog while I am home...I don't quite know, but here I am! :)

In my last blog post I wrote about my Christmas goals. So far, I have been pretty successful in following all of them...except for one. Exercising. But, I'm honestly 120% okay with that because I have gotten in some of the best family time and I'm the happiest girl in the world right now! Family time>>>>exercising.


The first night I got in I got to go see The Hobbit with my cousins and good friends. I was an avid LOTR fan when those movies came out, sooo it was only right to go see The Hobbit...and be that Nerd that goes at Midnight to see the premier.
This is my cousin Maureen. She is pretty much amazing. She also was the first person in line for The Hobbit Premiere. 7:55pm, thats amazing.(oh and did I mention she's single;) ;) )
Reunited at last!!!A whole year is way too long to be away from any person you love.  (Btw, thats my cousin Molly in the middle :) )
The Hobbit was really good and by some miracle I stayed awake during the whole entire 3 hour movie! Honestly, I was more excited about being with my cousins than the movie itself. So, I kept talking to them during the movie...yeah, I was THAT person ;)

Friday I got to spend the morning with Maureen and the evening with my Grammy (My mom's mom). Maureen and I hit up Panera for breakfast, a tradition of ours. However, we dilly dallied, got a late start, and missed breakfast....but it was all good because I got some pretty delicious kick awesome coffee ;)
Oh! and did I mention how THRILLED I am to finally be able to wear my winter clothes! Nothing says Christmas like a cozy scarf and sweater!! ;)

Yesterday has been one of my fav days so far! I went over to my Nanny's house (My dad's mom) and baked Christmas cookies and chocolates with the whole Grierson family. My dad is from a close knit family of nine, so you can imagine the crowd we had. Oh, and did I mention we dont believe in indoor voices ;) We literally baked, decorated, and dipped delicious things in chocolate ALL DAY. The result was magical.
 I wish I got more pics of everyone!...but I was too busy eating Chocolate. And making some serious messes. Literally. When I stepped away from the table there was chocolate on the walls, the floor, myself, and if there was chocolate on other people it was probably somehow from me. But being clean and tidy is boring anyway, right? ;)

So, like I mentioned at the top I haven't really worked out since I was home. Before I came home I had mentioned I was planning on working out in the mornings. Just a real quick one hour session. I'm hoping to possibly do another competition and I want to try to stay in shape! However, this hasn't happened. Instead, I've dedicated 100% of my time to family and its been amazing. Last night I tried to do a leg workout with my mom. That lasted about 30 minutes and I was exhauuuusted. (I don't think I ate enough cookies to help me power through it! I mean hey, food is fuel!;) )So instead, mom and I popped a bottle of wine, snuggled up together and watched some TV and decorated the Christmas tree (thats cardio, right?!) It was literally a perfect day.:) I really don't think there is anything better in life than spending time with the people you love. 

BUT! Tomorrow morning I think I'm going to go for a run...anyone want to join ? ;)

I hope you all are having a wonderful Holiday so far. Don't forget to slow down and just ENJOY. I believe it's in those moments that you will really find true joy ;) Alright! I'm off to go cause some trouble!


1 comment:

  1. Love this!! :) You should link this to bloglovin' so I can follow it!

    ReplyDelete